You can go green with confidence because Addison Homes partners with Home Innovation Research Labs to certify homes to the rigorous National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS).
Living green is about embracing better ways to live. It's about healthier homes. It's about increasing energy and water efficiency. It's about helping improve the communities in which we live. Green certification by Home Innovation Research Labs recognizes residences that meet the highest environmental performance standards.
As an independent, third-party inspection agency, Home Innovation awards its green certificate only to homes in compliance with the ICC 700 National Green Building Standard — the only residential green building rating system approved by ANSI as an American National Standard.
NGBS certification goes well beyond saying a home is energy efficient; it verifies that a home is designed and built to achieve high performance in six key areas: Site Design, Resource Efficiency, Water Efficiency, Energy Efficiency, Indoor Environmental Quality, and Building Operation & Maintenance. So living in a home built to NGBS is truly living green.
A Home Innovation NGBS Green Certified home provides:
A Healthy Environment
- Limits moisture problems that attract pests and contribute to mold
- Provides an appropriate level of fresh air that improves indoor living
- Reduces indoor pollutants through smart product selection and fresh air ventilation
- Saves energy and waters through strategic equipment selection/sizing and sound building science principles
- Reduces maintenance costs through durable construction products and techniques
- Enhances comfort and provides meaningful savings
- Promotes walkability
- Creates less pollution during constructions
- Provides environmental benefits to the community
- Ensures residents are able to keep home systems operating optimally and continue reaping the benefits over time
- Creates efficiencies that help lower residents' carbon footprints
Click HERE for more information on NGBS Green Certified Homes.